Laser Hair Lip Removal procedure performed with Candela Gentle Pro Max. Laser hair removal is a popular cosmetic procedure that uses a laser to target and destroy hair follicles. It is a safe and effective method of hair removal, with minimal discomfort and downtime.
When it comes to removing hair from the lips, laser hair removal can be a good option. However, it’s important to note that the skin around the lips is very sensitive, and can be prone to irritation and discoloration.
Pre Treatment Requirements
- Shaving the treatment area: You may be asked to shave the area around your lips before the laser hair removal treatment. This is because longer hair can absorb more laser energy, which can increase the risk of burns and other complications.
- Avoiding sun exposure: You should avoid sun exposure and tanning for at least two weeks prior to your laser hair removal treatment. Sun exposure can increase the risk of burns and other complications, and can also make the treatment less effective.
- Avoiding certain skincare products: You may be advised to avoid certain skincare products, such as retinoids, alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), and exfoliants, for at least one week before your treatment. These products can increase skin sensitivity and make the treatment more uncomfortable.
- Informing your provider of any medications or medical conditions: You should inform your laser hair removal provider of any medications you are taking or medical conditions you have, as these can affect the safety and efficacy of the treatment.
- Staying hydrated: Drinking plenty of water before your treatment can help keep your skin hydrated and reduce the risk of skin damage and other complications.
It’s important to follow these pretreatment requirements closely and to communicate any concerns or questions you may have with your laser hair removal provider. By doing so, you can help ensure a safe and effective treatment that delivers the results you desire.
Post Treatment Requirements